Solution to improve Dao governance efficiency

1. Motivation:

I believe Paraswap is very serious about the its Governance Process and involving community in making key decisions as evidently by the amount of work has go into this document ([https://doc.paraswap.network/dao-and-governance/governance-process])

I’m a co-founder of Syncvote. I believe our tool can add tangible value to the implementation of Paraswap’s governance process without any changes to the current setup. The goal is to let admins and members focus on making decisions instead of getting lost in tech stuff.

2. Problem Now:

I see 3 existing problems in implementing Paraswap governance process:

1. The proposer must remember all the technical details of the governance process to avoid making mistakes.
  2. The proposer has to bounce around different platforms, such as Discord, Forum,… for each step of the process.
  3. Any solution that could potentially consolidate everything into one platform for consistency and ease of navigation would require the DAO to abandon its current setup and adopt a new one.

3. How We Solve It:

Syncvote provides a chrome extension. It works as a unified front-end for any DAO member that wants to make a proposal to Paraswap. It acts like a central hub, no more bouncing between different platforms. Members can kick off and handle proposals, watch progress, and move through stages – all in one interface.

Why Syncvote will fit nicely into the current Paraswap practice:

1. Non-invasive, there isn’t any new platform to familiarize with, just open the extension and click “start new proposal” to start.
  2. The extension works with all the platforms DAO has been using, so you don’t need to make any changes to your current setup.
  3. It’s free, our goal is to eventually put every DAO to operate completely on-chain, so until Paraswap decides to write data on-chain; it won’t cost you anything.

My co-founder’s created this video to illustrate how the plugin works for a DAO: Syncvote Demo

4. Next Steps to Implement:

To implement this transformative solution for Paraswap, we propose the following steps:

1. After the proposal has been passed, I will convert Paraswap Governance Process into a format compatible with Syncvote. An administrator/coreteam member can help me to follow-up and also check its accuracy.
  2. After that, Paraswap will start announcing to community members on forum, announcement channels on discord and twitter… that they can start using Syncvote extension to make new proposals from then on.

In conclusion, I see this as a straightforward implementation that helps to smooth governance experience for Paraswap community members. I would be grateful if Paraswap adopts Syncvote.

Thank you for reading my post. I would like to have your feedback on this topic.

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for your time.

I don’t want to sound unpleasant. Your subject has had very little response in the research section. This probably means two things:

1. Either the need doesn’t exist.
  2. Or your post wasn’t well presented or written.

Either way, you’re keen to improve the governance process, but you give the impression that you don’t know anything about it.
It therefore seems complicated for me to go any further.

You’ve made a proposal in your post, but there’s no reason to do so:

1. No appeal on the research post
  2. A rather unclear post, sorely lacking in IMO elements
  3. No respect for the framework of the proposals

Sorry

1 Like

Hey there,
following up on stikers post I would like to highlight a second time that your proposal doesn’t follow the DAO framework.
When creating a “Governance proposal” on the forum, there is a template proposed, I invite you to respect it as it is a pre requisit to go further in the governance process.

If for some reason you’re not able to access this framework (that should pop up automatically), please let me know on discord. You can also find the framework in the proposal that updated it there:

(Point 3/).

Let me know if you need any assistance about governance procedures, but again, respect of the DAO framework and rules is a must to go forward your proposal.

Thanks!

Hi Albist, let me dm you on discord, the frameword didnt pop up on my post

1 Like

Made a recording but can’t post it in here on in the discord. Will share it with you.