[Grant Proposal] Paraswap Monthly Financial Reporting

Name : Asymmetric Defi

Detailed Description of Grant Request :
Provide Monthly Reports about the Financial State of the Paraswap DAO. The reports would include : Revenues, Expenses, Treasury Analysis, Competition Analysis, Macro Trends Analysis …

How will your project benefit the Paraswap Ecosystem?
Inform the community about what’s going on with the DAO financially and how it is impacted by crypto trends & news.

How much are you requesting for the grant?
12k USD (Paid in PSP or Stables) for 12 Monthly Reports (1k USD per Monthly Report)

Other Information :
The reports would be similar to what I produce for Uniswap.

Asymmetric Defi is both Uniswap & Aave Grantee

3 Likes

Hey Asymmetric, thanks a lot for your proposal. Since the grant currently does not have the governance proposal framework, I’ve moved it to the PS-Research section for now.

Currently, a lot of the sections of the report would overlap with dashboard that are already produced by the DAO, such as revenues and expenses analysis. However, there’s currently the Optimism proposal being voted on that has a category for grants related to Social Escrow Research, which will pay out in OP and PSP. Your reports would help a lot with the implementation of the new concept of Social Escrow! Is this something that could interest you?

Hey 0xYtocin

The goal of the proposed reports is to aggregate all information related to the DAO in one document similar to what’s produced by traditional companies for their investors. The reports will be shared with the community in a monthly basis under a “Finance” Category. The objective is that community members don’t need to go looking into multiple dashboards and sources of data to know how much a sePSP1 holder for example made last month. Yes there will be redundancies with dashbaords already created by the team. But these figures are only one part of these reports, as they will be commented to help the community digest the numbers and how crypto trends impacted the performance of the DAO. Add to that DAO Treasury Analysis, Competition Analysis (How does ParaSwap compare to 1Inch & 0X for example?)…

Social Escrow will be a part of these reports since part of the DAO revenues & emissions flow to sePSP holders.

I don’t see a direct link between this grant request and Optimsim for it to qualify for OP distribution.

Requested Budget Breakdown : 1k/Month as Compensation for my time & efforts and to pay for any potential subscriptions (Token Terminal costs 350 USD/Month & Dune’s most popular plan costs 420 USD/Month for example).

I find the idea to be interesting, it could be especially useful to have a analysis of staker behaviour and ParaBoost analysis as well as the aforementioned parts of the document.

One of the grant categories of our proposal is Social Escrow Research, meaning that if your research is helping the user experience of Social Escrow and Optimism is included, you can apply for that category, which also has an easier application process vs a PSP-IP, as the OP grants are already cleared assuming the vote passes (currently ongoing).

I’ll let other DAO members share their thoughts, but if you think you’re ready for the next steps, make sure to redact it in the PSP-IP format to get it ready for snapshot publishing!

Alternatively, if you’re going with the OP grant, you can apply using the format stated there:

1 Like

Thank you 0xYtocin for the suggestion & details, but I am more interested in financial reporting for the DAO.
I’ll publish the proposal in the formal form.
Feel free to adjust the format before submitting to Snapshot.

2 Likes