OP Grant Application - Initial Setup and Guidance of the ParaTrooper Contributor structure - Burns

You have made a lot of effort to be in adequacy with every body here.
This shows a real desire to grow the dao.

I’m glad to be for you Grant. Hope you will success in your task. :rocket:

4 Likes

I’m glad you have made a counter offer to address the points raised by DAO members with respect to salary. I also like the idea of the psp component of the pay to be vested for 3 months.

For clarity and fairness, would you agree to a $500 worth of vested psp (VePSP) which would translate to around 13,000psp using the current monthly average price instead of 15,000psp flat as proposed. The asset in question is volatile and that has to be put into consideration for fairness.

15,000psp at $0.1/psp is worth $1500 while same amount is worth $300 at $0.02/psp.

Other than that, I am satisfied with your responses and approach.

2 Likes

I have no problem with this, the reasoning for having a fixed PSP amount was intentioned to de-risk for the ParaSwap DAO treasury (even though this is not a significant amount), to assist budgeting and show commitment to PSP. If the preference is a USD equivalent while the token has volatility then that’s acceptable for me.

1 Like

Snapshot vote is live:
https://snapshot.org/#/paraswap-dao.eth/proposal/0x6cb3a1ab8e2a49bbf8593e29fe7d55513b87de2a01ecab0b3fd2aa7723b0a0a6

1 Like

First month’s report (April) detailing progress and success metrics can be found here: ParaSwap DAO Expansion Roadmap - Google Sheets

Upon review by the community and GovCo, payment of $4,500 USD in OP + $500 USD in PSP is to be sent to 0x1D528Dfb8Dbb1496EDA0492dc77dC4dDBd91583D.

I look forward to working with the ParaTroopers and continuing to deliver the remaining tasks and any more that surface over the next two months.

1 Like

Sorry but, it sounds like Chat GPT

2 Likes

May Report detailing progress and success metrics can be found here: ParaSwap DAO Expansion Roadmap - Google Sheets

I have been unable to make substantial progress into the Grants Program Launch and DAO budget as more information is required from the core team that I have not been able to get. Therefore my request this month will be significantly reduced to $2k USD in OP and $500 USD in PSP (which I will lock with my ETH). Additionally my first months OP payment was underpaid by $577 USD (2400 OP @ $1.63 USD/OP), which I request to be paid with this month’s transfer.

Upon review by the community and GovCo, I request payment of $2,577 USD in OP and $500 USD in PSP to be sent to 0x1D528Dfb8Dbb1496EDA0492dc77dC4dDBd91583D.

I am hoping to make up for lost progress in June to close out my deliverables and determine what further contribution I can make to the ParaSwap DAO.

1 Like

June Report detailing progress and success metrics can be found here: ParaSwap DAO Expansion Roadmap - Google Sheets

I have now received payment for May and have locked this PSP with my ETH to sePSP2 as per the proposal requirements. Etherscan Transaction

General sentiment around the grants program is that it can continue to be run through the forum without a dedicated committee so I focused my attention on the DAO budget document. We scoped some RFPs that can be proposed and mentored by those in the ParaTrooper community which can be found in the list of documents in the Main DAO Expansion Doc above. With this, my request for June will be reduced to $4k USD in OP and $500 USD in PSP (which I will lock with my ETH).

Upon review by the community and GovCo, I request payment of $4k USD in OP and $500 USD in PSP to be sent to 0x1D528Dfb8Dbb1496EDA0492dc77dC4dDBd91583D.

This will end this engagement with the ParaTrooper program, but I will always be available for consult. I have strong confidence in these contributors who make up the ParaTroopers to continue to push ParaSwap to further success. They are a dedicated group of individuals that put PSP first.

4 Likes

Hi burns,
Looking at the shown deliverables and comparing it with the prior month, I was hoping you could elaborate more on the allocation of the ~100 hours of work done this month.

I have received reports from different DAO members that this epoch there was a significant reduction in your participation with in the Trooper programme, so any insights on which of the other budget activities were done this epoch would be of great help.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, missed this notification! Of course, estimated breakdown is as follows over the ~6 weeks from June 1 - July 17:

Task Hours
Budget Sheet 60
Grant RFPs 10
Lessons learned doc 4
DAO Communication apps/structures research 20
Documentation Finalisation 2
Total 96

These activities add up to ~96hrs outside of activities with the ParaTrooper program such as coordinape/payments, forum/Discord discussions and assisting/reviewing ParaTroopers’ docs/reports/proposals which would total more than 4. The budget sheet took much longer than expected (possibly longer than estimated here) to get from its basic state at the end of May to its final form as most of this information needed to be found manually on-chain. I ended up writing a couple scripts to help but I’m not super technical and support was hard to find.

Hope this clears it up. Let me know if this is acceptable for payment or more info is required.

1 Like

Following up here to see if any decision has been made or feedback on this request?

I agree with previous messages that these rewards should be lowered around what Paratroopers win, but I could be biased as I’m also a Paratrooper.
I don’t deny your initial role to structure the troopers for which you were well paid initially, but now we are more in a self-governed organisation and this spending looks expensive for the DAO compared to what you currently bring to it, or have brought in the last months.
No new Paratrooper were recruited in June which was mostly your initial mission, and your recent past activity looks more like a Paratrooper position to me.

Moreover the breakdown seems a bit blur, and the added value to the DAO doesn’t seem to correspond to the asked reward. I say this to protect the DAO resources and try to allocate them at the best.

Best,
Chab