OP Grant Application - Initial Setup and Guidance of the ParaTrooper Contributor structure - Burns

Hey everyone, I’ve gotten a lot of pings from this thread, so I wanted to add a small clarification on my side regarding the confusion from some members!

Regarding the paratroopers, like mentioned in the original proposal I am still going to partake in helping with the selection of the first batch of troopers, and burns has offered to assist with this as well to minimise my individual biases in the selection process. In the future, existing paratroopers will ideally be the ones who internally select when to onboard and offboard a member into the initiative, as they will be the ones assessing each other’s merits through coordinape after all!

In a similar vein, I am still going to be taking part in the DAO with the exact same commitment and duties as I had before, so worry not! Rather than replacing me, from my understanding this grant will focus more on burns setting up and formalising the structures for grants and budgets in a somewhat similar way to Balancer Grants , as well as lending their expertise to the paratroopers similar to Ballers.

Other than these clarifications, I’d prefer to let the DAO decide the rest of the points of the proposal to minimise any potential conflicts of interest. I am aware that I play a significant role in this DAO, so I’d like to minimise my influence in deciding on proposals that are also regarding other major contributors to the DAO, but I am already glad to see such civil discussion so far!

3 Likes