OP Grant Application - Initial Setup and Guidance of the ParaTrooper Contributor structure - Burns

re: Compensation
I think @albist addressed the compensation difference well.

GovCo members would not be commiting a comparitive amount of time as my proposal. I would estimate their time contributed would be at a higher compensation rate due to their position and responsibilities.

This is true for Ballers, however Maxis (an elected group of ballers with higher level of commitment and responsiblity) are compensated 1,800 BAL / month which fluctuates between ~$10k - $13k depending on BAL price proposal for Q1 2023 here plus a share of 5,000 BAL (@$5.5- $7.5 USD/BAL) in the coordinape circle amongst all Ballers.

I would ideally continue to contribute to ParaSwap beyond this engagement in a role whose description and compensation would be defined through this engagement (alongside DAO roles), however this proposal is for a finite parcel of work and associated deliverables.

re: Hours
I commit 18-20 hrs with Balancer per week. A total average commitment between the two projects of 46 hrs is a sustainable ask to perform with consistency. This will form my full-time employment. The reason for taking these two roles specifically, and no others, are to ensure I can commit fully and use synergies between the two projects that assist this to be more manageable.

re: OP Alignment
Given a major part of this role is to move DAO activities towards Optimism and to setup and champion the OP funded grants program which is to “incentivise the development of tools that help access the liquidity depth of the Optimism ecosystem”, I remain confident this is a suitable avenue for compensation and I have run this by a couple OP delegates without resistance. If information comes through contradicting this, we can revisit.

Value
The deliverables I have proposed are not confined to the 3 month engagement but are designed to overhaul ParaSwap’s road to decentralization. The purpose of decentralization for ParaSwap is anti-fragility, defined as the capability to thrive as a result of stressors, faults, attacks or failures. The establishment of the ParaTroopers, setting up these structures and furthering a community to ensure there are no single points of failure or targets are imperative to ParaSwap’s continued success. This process is not a quick fix, it will need to grow and it is important to get this right early.

1 Like