PSP-BPΔ1: ParaSwap DAO budget for 2022

Snapshot vote is up! So excited to finally see this being voted on, it’s been amazing seeing so many DAO members collaborate to make this doable :fire:

https://snapshot.org/#/paraswap-dao.eth/proposal/0x5e36154da4445276010f7ebf472eae65d4adcfd8c09c5ebd38522be740e4bb71

4 Likes

Magnificent!
I’m new in the défi and to in the crypto world but I’m sure I’m in the right place to grow and learn from the best.
This community is incredible, it is so rich in teaching that I grew up quickly.
Thank you for your involvement.
For my part, I continu my learning in order to be more involved in the DAO PARASWAP.
:muscle: :fire:

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Copy/pasting my feedback from Discord as this seems to be a better place to push it.

"If there is any budget to be put together it needs to be focused on allowing ParaSwap to have higher volume, increase marketshare and survive over the long term.

1. POL allows to drastically reduce emissions

2. The current staking rewards system needs to be rethought and redesigned

3. ParaSwap as a DAO needs to attract the best and brightest in the space (think what Lido did for example) and any grants budget would need to be focused on:

a) Technical objectives/research: in the grand scheme of things there are many pieces that need to be built (ie. how to approach making the protocol completely trustless and permissionless, what tech? how? what time horizon?). There are some great tech people in the space, we are not focused on attracting them, we should be focused on having them research some of our pain points whenever possible. It’s also good for the project’s reputation (can be seen as indirect marketing).

b) Tokenomics design: everyone thinks they are qualified to work on this topic but the reality is that a few understand how to design incentives and align protocol interests with token holders’. Let alone modelling different approaches/outcomes. Again, the best and brightest never had the opportunity to look at $PSP. Putting aside $PSP price, this can make or break the product as a whole over the long term (see Curve vs Uniswap and how Curve is leveraging its tokenomics to get more and more market share).

c) Building an ecosystem around Paraswap: a key piece for any protocol is it’s ability to have an ecosystem built on top of it, I think Paraswap should strive for the same and encourage others to build on top of it’s tech/leverage it in maybe new ways (for example aggregating prices for other primitives than “simple” tokens - could be NFTs, derivatives, etc.).

A budget needs to be built based on objectives that are clearly defined and not on the availability of funds and the urge to spend them.

Maybe the first discussion that needs to happen is to define what objectives the Paraswap DAO needs to achieve and how tokens could be spent in that direction. Voting a budget without knowing what it will be allocated for and the full rational + expected results seems a bit rushed

I would also like to add that it’s great to see all of the ideas and discussions, it is positive and means people care about the project, however it might be worth it to take into account the implications of something like this (a budget proposal to spend a lot of the DAO’s unlocked PSP).

One doesn’t decide how to spend 10-20-30m$ just like that without having a strong rational backing each decision. Given the amounts at stake, the DAO has the means to attract talented professionals who could execute on the different topics and actually create immense value.

Paraswap raised about 6m$ to date which covered all of the expenses from 2020 till today.

4 Likes