PSP-IPΔ13: Gas refund for Stakers

Such an exciting development, I’m super glad to see so many people working on making this happen from its concept stage to even budgeting! I’m completely in agreement with this roadmap, the NFT drop is also a great idea that won’t tank $PSP prices and will bring new volume.

Only thing I’d add is that I still insist we need a better refund ratio for non-ethereum sidechains, since the initial proposal aims to introduce this on all supported chains (see my previous thoughts on: Gas refund for Stakers - #13 by 0xYtocin ).

The presence of paraswap and $PSP in some sidechains like Fantom and MATIC gives us a very strong edge and community that competitors do not have right now. A hundred transactions in a network like MATIC would cost the same as refunding a single transaction in ETH, while still adding volume onto the network. However, I don’t see anyone from these chains committing eg 500 000 PSP to receive a few cents back in basically anywhere but ethereum.

I understand this will potentially add more development time, but I find the inclusion of sidechains to be crucial in this process, not only to appease people who mostly trade in specific sidechains, but also to make users excited to use Paraswap anywhere thanks to the versatility of its refunds :slight_smile:

6 Likes