PSP-IPΔ13: Gas refund for Stakers

Super exciting idea! Of course, the details on budget and eligibility might have to be tweaked, but a gas refund not only on swaps but staking and even claiming will encourage people to use protocols that might usually be too expensive on mainnet.

I wanna throw a couple ideas out there myself, tell me what you all think of them :slight_smile:

Refund a higher percentage of the gas in lower-gas chains?
In relatively low fee chains like MATIC or AVAX, a 25% gas refund could barely be saving a few cents (or fractions of a cent) at best, making even 500 PSP not worth it. Additionally, many holders in these chains usually have a lot less in assets.

I feel that more generous incentives for these chains would barely make a dent on the budget on the grand scheme of things, and it would encourage smaller investors to stake with us.

Slightly increase refund for long-term stakers?
I’m less sure about this one, but it could be a nice incentive to keep the funds locked up long-term. Maybe, after a certain amount of epochs, a ‘loyalty’ rate could be added. Something like after X epochs, stakers of 5000 PSP receive 52% instead of 50%. Encouraging long-term locking of funds could get people interested in the DAO and voting, and make people more hesitant of unstaking after significant price actions.

Edit: The second idea might be best as a separate proposal, but I think the former could definitely be included!

7 Likes