Adjusting gas refund rates

Hey there,

Any news around this idea?

I’m still pretty convinced this will decrease PSP dumping to try reaching higher refunds rates, and will make 100% refund a bit more difficult to achieve (like previous thresholds), also resolving in less inflation overall.
Another advantage in my opinion, is that currently 500PSP is very little to get 25% refund, so we could discuss to raise a bit starting point for the refund program to something around 1000 or 2000PSP or higher (in the previous simulation 25% is reached at 1400PSP).

In this new simulation I decided to take care about the small risk takers but big dumpers, aka the 25% refund rates gang. The new fomula is LOG_10(PSP_Balance - 2000) - 2.3 ) * 0.25. I think this could benefit a lot long term PSP holders.

In summary this would give these new thresholds (though this system would be progressive) :
4 000 PSP: 25%
25 000 PSP: 50%
200 000 PSP: 75%
2 200 000 PSP: 100%

This would still be a really nice compensation system, though preserving the value for long term holders.

Would love to read your thoughts on this, and create a proposal to incorporate in PSP2.0.

1 Like